Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Secret of Queens

For thousands of years, milk bath has been used as a beauty enhancer.

Cleopatra, Elizabeth I of England, and Elisabeth of Bavaria are just a few of the royal women in history to have used milk bath. 

Of course, it's been used by more than royalty.  Nero's wife Poppaea, Diane de Poitiers (mistress of French King Henry II), Napoleon's sister Pauline, Marechal duc de Richelieu, Whoopi Goldberg.......and countless other have used milk bath for it's natural properties to smooth and soften skin.

Milk contains lactic acid, and alpha hydroxy acid, which breaks down dead skin cells.  Sitting in a milk bath for 20 minutes will loosen all dead skin so that it is easily removed with a cloth, sponge or loofah.  The healthy skin beneath will appear more luminescent because there are no dead skin cells inhibiting the natural glow of the healthy skin.

In addition, the lactic acid helps skin to absorb moisture.  This results in healthier and younger looking skin.

I take a milk bath almost every night and can testify to the fact that my skin is soft and smooth when I emerge from this self-indulgent pleasure.

I have added Hawaiian Sea Salt to my milk bath products to act as a natural exfoliant.  I have also added scent. 

I just love how the scent blossoms and fills the whole room when the milk bath is added to the water.  I have 6-10 different scents sitting by my tub at all times.  It's not only great for my skin but it's aromatherapy as well.  I can sit in my bath and cup the water and smell the scent in the water.  When I get out of the bath I can still smell it on my skin.

Indulge yourself - try a milk bath.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment