Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Need to "spice" things up!

I'm taking a little side trip here from my original plan to discuss each of my products.

I recently found an extremely cool website that does project funding.  It's www.kickstarter.com and it's a godsend for any entrepreneur in need of capital.  So many small businesses (like myself) just don't have the assets, etc. needed to get funding from traditional sources.  We struggle along, doing what we do until we either make it or we go broke and close the business.

I am what is called a "cottage industry" because I don't have a huge manufacturing warehouse.  I do everything from my home in small batches.  I serve individuals and the small handful of retail shops that carry my products.  Well, guess what?  I sure would like to be bigger than I am.  Anyone with a small business and an entrepreneurial heart wants to grow what they have and make it work.

So I took advantage of this amazing, wonderful website and created a "project".  You can see it here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1776413948/need-to-spice-things-up

The purpose of a project is to find "funders" who will put money into a project for a specified "reward".  You'll see along the right side the different funding levels and the rewards associated with them.  You'll also see things in my project that I haven't put on my website yet.

There is a time limit to the project and whoever pledges funds won't actually be charged for them until the end of the project - IF, and this is a biggie - IF the funding goal is met.  If the funding goal isn't met, nobody gets charged and I start the project over.  If the funding is met, then I proceed with the checklist at the bottom of the project and everyone who provided funding gets their "reward".

I hope you'll check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment